GitDailies allows you to build custom Alerts for many sorts of repository activity.
This has various usecases. For example:
- Replace distracting GitHub notifications with more precise and granular notifications from GitDailies
- Keep an automated watch on changes to critical areas of the codebase
- Check on the welfare of team members. If someone hasn’t pushed any code for a week, they may need support or be overloaded.
- Automate evidence gathering for audits such as ISO 27001 or SOC2
- Encourage best practices within your team by posting into a team Slack channel when a best practice is violated (e.g. PR merged without a review, or a commit made an unhelpful commit message such as ‘Fixed bug’). Many teams find that simply highlighting these violations, rather than automatically banning them fosters a team spirit of trust and responsibility.